V

Yes, again - New Year Resolutions!

As life decidedly or fatalistically moves on, I look forward to embracing 2009 with the usual hopeful sentiment but in a more open mind. But to steer myself on course forward, a determination of resolutions - however well-worn and mundane - should be helping, if not particularly enlightening. As such, I resolve to:

  • pursue for excellence in my profession, and anything else I set my mind on doing and enjoying;
  • keep my faith in the virtue of hard work and pray luck for success, but take it with stoicism otherwise;
  • smooth my rough edges, forgive and don't hold unnecessary judgment;
  • take any slighting remarks or gestures with grace and, again, stoicism;
  • see things in different angles before passing any judgment, particularly in the problem-solving process;
  • make all conversations meaningful - or shut up;
  • pull all stops for love and care for my family and friends, and compassion for others;
  • sweat the intellectual capacity to continue building knowledge, and hopefully wisdom, but keep the mind clean - from negativity if not all obscenity;
  • pump up and sustain the muscles but keep up the healthy diet;
  • apply facial cleansing and anti-wrinkle agents religiously;
  • aim for breaking 80 relentlessly (on the green) but without spoiling the fun with any poisonous temper;
  • read assiduously, think critically and write creatively;
  • find music again; and
  • live every present moment and move on.
So this makes up a total of 83 weblogs for 2008, which of course prompts another of my resolution for 2009 - to surpass this number. Happy New Year!

Comments

Jade Meng said…
A great resolution list. About ten of them can be applied to almost anybody. I just wonder, what kind of religion requires a man to use anti-wrinkle agents?
V said…
Ha Ha Ha...I like your sense of humour :)

Rather than religiously, perhaps I should have written assiduously, relentlessly, devotedly or wholeheartedly...
Anonymous said…
Wow! What a great resolution, I would like to copied all except the facial cleansing and anti aging or anti-wrinkle agents part:-(I am still live in denial....)

Agreed, even in tough times, we all have to take the bull by the horns and focus on moving forward.

Wish you will meet your exciting goal this year and Happy New Year!
Jade Meng said…
In fact, a happy mind and a healthy diet may make you look ten to twenty years younger. The natural way is always the best way.

By the way, you have a rich vocabulary, sometimes I think I need a dictionary to read your blog.

Popular Posts