V

Just a fleeting trail of thoughts

I look at my pictures from years past and am amazed at not just how terrible or even ugly I looked, but how I might have thought how good I looked at the times. My treacherous look gives it all away - what ignorance and naivety it readily reveals. Indeed it is fascinating how much a person's look actually tells about the person.

But, on contrary to Dorian Gray, I am relieved that I feel myself looking better over time, not least because I may have found my style - what suits me best - or how best to pose in front of a camera, but how I feel from within.

When you accept yourself as who you are and feel good about yourself and everybody around you, you should look your best.

Another year is coming to a close. As the mind seems to be naturally time sensitive, one tends to take stock of things that have gone by over the year (and even years) - events, sentiments, fulfillments as well as unfulfilled expectations. But the harder part is to look ahead and cope with fear. That's how trying to look your best is not all about vanity, but perhaps one good way to face life.

Comments

Popular Posts