V

3G

3G is eventually available in Jakarta! Since last week I have come to be aware of the change in display on my mobile phone of the subscribed network from XL to 3GXL, one of the only two networks supplying the technology in the mean time.

Simultaneously, I have found my mobile phone losing the capability of making international calls. It never got through even to a ringing tone before it turned dead. The network operator apologized for the problem and admitted that some accounts' functionalities were indeed affected for the launch of the new technology. I did not subscribe to their 3G service and I do not understand what kind of problem is it.

Now I am told that it is fixed. Then I find the problem seems to extend to domestic calls intermittently. I shall observe with interest the subscription rate of the new service here.

Comments

Popular Posts