V

Essay Competition

It's been so long, with a whole first quarter of the year past without posting a new blog. Well, the mind is still working and the urge to find my way to live is always alive. The feeling of enlightenment, without any pretension, is probably the best sensation one can possibly have, though not necessarily as physiologically rewarding as orgasm.

And nothing compares to finding the winning golf swing and some provoking wisdom from literature in arousing the fulfilling sense of enlightment. Which is better? I want both. If I cannot play golf as good as Tiger Woods, which I surely can't, I can still enthusiastically aim for scores in the 70s. If I shall pass away as a much poorer man than Bill Gates, which I surely shall, I may not have been in touch with fewer great minds of literature than he ever has.

With that self-fulfilling prophecy, I continue to play golf and read avidly, still not as much as I would like to devote my time to, as there are of course other important things to attend to, like entering an essay competition and, better yet, winning it.

What am I talking about? I shall post up my essay soon.

Comments

Popular Posts