V

Congratulations to Paul Krugman

How a Nobel prize jury was drawn up, what judgment criteria were used and how exactly was the prize determined is forever a matter of mystery. But a matter of certainty is that these prizes epitomize the accolades of civilization which mankind imagines and creates to satisfy the superlative need for recognition.

Whatever. And whatever views, rhetoric's, or even ideological theories about the Nobel committee were attracted to the fresh Nobel Economics Prize awarded to Paul Krugman, I am delighted that he is the winner. It is for myself a matter of cognitive resonance that I have read three of his books in the past decade:

Peddling Prosperity

The Return of Depression Economics

The Great Unraveling

I remember myself feeling having learnt more about economics through reading his books than I had from attending my economics classes in my earlier life. He made the complicated subject comprehensible to ordinary people (like myself) long before the likes of "Freakonomics" or "The Undercover Economist" hitting the book stores.

I wonder why I haven't found his blog earlier - now on my blog list!

Comments

verine said…
hi, nice to meet u here. i would like to exchange link with u. do you mind? i hope can hear from u soon:)welcome to drop by to my blog www.heebi9s.blogspot.com
keep in touch:)
verine said…
V - Entrepreneurship in Corporate Life,
Thanks:) By the way, do u mind to intro urself? where r u from? is ur name Vincent? :)

Popular Posts