V

Firework

I have never seen firework so touching - not the most elaborate in style, not the biggest in scale,
but the most abundant in number within vision. Commanding from the 83rd floor of Park Hyatt in Pudong,
Shanghai, on the Chinese New Year's Eve now, the incessant flashes of colour from all over the vast
expanse of landscape, along with the bubbling sound, is like a world wonder.

The slanting strips of misty snow may be blurring the otherwise spectacular show somewhat, but hardly
diminishes the lure of the enchanting magic. When the clock struck twelve, came the year of Tiger, all
lights in town were suddenly off. Not a blackout, but apparently rather a coordinated urban effort to
highlight the sprawling flowers of firework in motion.

I wish I had a camera with the kind of capability of infinite exposure to capture the magical moment.
But I wish even more that my beloved mom was appreciating the firework wonder by my side, and I could
be doing what I had never done since being a grown-up - hugging her.

Comments

Popular Posts