V

Why I blog

Some people asked me why I bother to blog. George Orwell's "Why I write" immediately came to mind. I flipped through the pages and read over the four great motives for writing which he considered existing in different degrees in every writer, though in any one writer the proportions will vary from time to time, according to the atmosphere in which he is living.

They are: sheer egoism, aesthetic enthusiasm, historical impulse and political purpose.

I cannot disagree to any of these but would like to add my own reasons for keeping a blog, particularly as a salary man with a full-time job.

Keeping up with the discipline of writing broadens my perspectives of knowledge; it helps me to keep up with the world in surfing through the webs of social networking; it sharpens my thinking process and articulation approach in general communications; and it is the determined moment of basically living my own life after a day's work and the evening's jingles (ie, playing with my daughter).

If George Orwell lived in our age, he would no doubt be a prolific blogger, with his site among the top of all favourite lists.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wonder how you can keep blogging even you're so busy.

Well, I never read about the four reasons people write, maybe for me it's related to egoism, lol..

Popular Posts