V

Core Value Proposition

What I have learnt from a media crisis training which I attended earlier this year has been proved useful to me over different situations when I have to face the journalists and cope with their enquiries. In fact, it also helps in sharpening my thinking process for any occasions of communications - presentation, interview or general meeting.

In any communication circumstance, what is particularly important to determine from the outset even before the communication starts is the core value proposition of my messages - what really are the key points I want my audience to take home. With that in mind, everything I am to say, every example I am to give and every recommendation I am to make, have to relate back to the core value proposition I need to convey. It is the same as a company's marketing effort in branding.

So the major challenge during the real life situations is not so much about what to say or how to say it, but to focus sharply on the opportunities for striking home the core value proposition - what really counts.

Comments

Popular Posts